Our third Plevin Forum was held in July 2020 and was the largest event we’ve held to date. The Forums give claimant firms the opportunity to share and discuss the latest market intelligence on Plevin litigation.
This includes trends we and attendees are seeing in Defendant rebuttals and processes.
SpectraLegal Finance has been funding Plevin cases for over 18 months. This provides us with unrivalled market intelligence which we are able to share with law firms looking to expand in or enter Plevin litigation.
A unique understanding of Plevin cases: a data snapshot
While our Plevin Forum attendees received more detailed breakdowns of the information, we have provided a snapshot of the success of our funded cases below:
- A 99% success rate at trial, (1 loss at trial)
- An average litigation duration of 6-7 months
- An average settlement value of £2589 (the average PPI Claim settlement is £1700)
- Panel members have dealt with 109 different Defendants
Providing a safe space to tackle common issues in Plevin
July’s forum discussed the following areas:
- Limitation (Potter & Patel)
- Costs recovery in small claims track
- Standardising PIR / presub processes across the panel
- Removal of the requirement for a DSAR
- Defendant quantum arguments and FCA guidance
Our next Plevin Forum will be held in Q3 2020.
Our Forums offer your law firm a unique opportunity to exchange information and discuss the latest success and pitfalls. The events can arm your legal teams with practical, unmissable information to help champion your clients’ Plevin cases successfully and quickly.
To join us for our next free, virtual, closed Forum event to receive unrivalled information on Plevin litigation and gain insight from those handling a high volume of successful Plevin cases, please contact Matthew Gwynne.
Funding Plevin cases
If you’d like to discuss funding your Plevin litigation cases with us – or are looking to expand your book of work in this field, please contact Matthew Gwynne today.
Find out more by visiting our Plevin Litigation Funding page.